Monday, July 12, 2010

Prep and Packing!

This week is one outlined and defined by lists - what to pack, read, complete; who to call, make appointments with, and visit; where to go and where to store my things. As this chapter on preparation and careful tying up of all lose-ends commences, I'm finding myself more and more eager to hit the road and to actually writing out the introduction of the next great volume of this life story!

I have officially departed from my consulting job of more than 3.5 years. I was blessed to work and learn alongside incredible peers and leadership. I am thankful that many of the relationships I gained are ones that will last well into the future and extend well beyond a professional capacity. I will take lessons learned in the consulting realm with me well into the future.

As a next step, I'll be packing up all of my things and storing them during the summer. I will be starting fresh on housing upon my return to Dallas after the National Outdoor Leadership School course wraps up at the end of August.

That said, I realized yesterday that, at this point, I will be both jobless and homeless upon my return to Texas in early September - how terrifyingly exhilarating!! In my heart this translates to - I am going to be (I'm going to try to be) fully available for whatever the Lord's plan is in my life and I am elated to consider the way that He is positioning me with no pre-established commitments beyond coursework....

I'll be working out a housing and job situation remotely during my stead in CA and am confident that regardless of where I end up on either of those fronts, it will be an adventure!! There is something incredibly freeing already about the unknown. I'm being drawn into a place of leaning heavily on our Father in heaven and while it is intimidating at times, He has promised faithfulness til the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment